An Orb of Alteration is a currency item that can be used to re-roll the random modifiers on a piece of magic equipment. Orbs of Alteration are also used in a few vendor recipes.
Orbs of Alteration are common currency items and you can farming in this way:
(1) Orbs of Alteration can be dropped by slain monsters, chests, destructible containers, and Arcanist’s Strongboxes.
(2) Orbs of Alteration can also be obtained by combining 20 Alteration Shards, which are in turn obtained by selling identified magic and rare items with certain modifiers to any vendor.
(3) An Orb of Alteration can be purchased from Nessa in exchanged for 4 Orbs of Augmentation. Furthermore, Haku will sell 20 Orbs of Alteration in exchange for 64 Orbs of Augmentation once daily upon completing his daily mission.
(4) Excange with Divination Card: A set of 5 Emperor’s Luck can be exchanged for five Orbs of Alteration.
(5) Buy cheap orb of alteration with instant delivery.
Orbs of Alteration are widely used by all players at all stages of the game. During the early leveling phase, they can be used to quickly craft decent magic equipment before more powerful rare equipment is available. At higher levels, they are often used change the affixes of a magic map to ones that are more desirable, such as more Magic Monsters. When crafting high-end rare equipment, many Orbs of Alteration are typically consumed on an item in an attempt to roll two desired affixes before a Regal Orb is applied to continue the crafting process.
|Jeweller’s Orb||2× Orb of Alteration||Act 2 (Yeena)|
|Orb of Alteration||4× Orb of Augmentation||Act 1 (Nessa)|
|20x Orb of Alteration||64x Orb of Augmentation||Act 1 (Haku), Note: Level 6 Master Conversion|
|20x Jeweller’s Orb||32× Orb of Alteration||Act 1 (Elreon), Note: Level 6 Master Conversion|
Orbs of Alteration can be used to purchase various items from vendors, including maps, skill gems, and magic or rare equipment. One obtains 4 Scrolls of Wisdom by selling an Orb of Alteration to any vendor. A Jeweller’s Orb can be purchased from Yeena in exchange for 2 Orbs of Alteration. Furthermore, Elreon will sell 20 Jeweller’s Orbs in exchange for 32 Orbs of Alteration once daily upon completing his daily mission.
|4× Scroll of Wisdom||
|Weapon with +1 to level of Lightning/Fire/Cold Gems in this item x 1||
||The weapon has to be magic. The rings can have any rarity.|
|Helmet with +1 to Level of Minion Gems in this item x 1||
||The helmet must be magic.|
|Mirror Arrow x 1||
|Blink Arrow x 1||
Furthermore, Orbs of Alteration are also useful for a very large number of crafting bench recipes associated with the Forsaken masters Haku, Elreon,Catarina, Tora, and Vagan.