Accessing the Island
The island can be accessed by flying from the Jade Forest. Note that flying mounts do not work on the island, so you will be dismounted as you approach. While doing the introductory quest line for the island, you will be able to teleport there using the Curious Bronze Timepiece that you will have been given.
As you can see in the map above, most of the island can be accessed without any difficulty. We highlighted 3 areas that will require you to perform something special, in order to reach them.
- Blue. As you can see on the map, the bridge leading to the Ordon Sanctuary is broken. As a result, you will need to resort to other means to enter this area.
- You can use the Gleaming Crane Statue, which is located on the rocky pillar that joins the bridge leaving from the Blazing Way to the broken bridge. Using the statue will catapult you in the air and you will be able to control your descent. This statue is normally meant to be used to access a chest for one of the achievement, but you can reach the Ordon Sanctuary if you aim your descent towards it.
- From the very end of the broken bridge, it is possible to slow fall to a patch of grass, which is located slightly to the left of the remaining part of the bridge on the Ordon Sanctuary side. You need to mount and jump towards the patch of grass. Immediately after you jump, cast Slow Fall on yourself (or use any similar effect; the Golden Glider sold by Ku-Mo around the Celestial Court works well) or have it cast on you.
- The island features a number of Highwind Albatrosses that fly at varying altitudes. When one of them gets close to the ground (that usually happen around the Celestial Court), attacking it will cause it to capture you and fly you around the island, following a predefined path. When you want the Albatross to drop you, attack it again and it will stop moving. Kill it and it will release you.
- If you swim far enough from the island, you will reach the Time-Lost Waters. There, you can use your flying mount. So, go north of the island and mount up. Once mounted, go as far up as you can and then fly towards the Ordon Sanctuary. Eventually, you will dismount, which is when you should use a Slow Fall effect on you, in order to reach your objective. Note that this trick can work to reach any other high place on the island.
- Yellow. The Red Lake can only be accessed using an Albatross or the flying mount trick. We described both ways above.
- Red. The central part of the Ordon Sanctuary can only be accessed by players who have completed the Mists of Pandaria legendary quest line and obtained the legendary cloak. Players without the cloak will simply be ported back to the Celestial Court, in the center of the island, when they try to enter the sanctuary.
| Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent
||Dropped by Huolon, a rare elite
| Reins of the Ashhide Mushan Beast
||Sold by Speaker Gulan for 500 Bloody Coins
| Reins of the Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent
||Sold by Mistweaver Ku for 100,000 Timeless Coins. Requiresexalted reputation with Emperor Shaohao.
It is assumed by both the Bronze Dragonflight, Wrathion, Anduin Wrynn and many other factions as being an isle that has no set time - and so travels through time appearing at random intervals, in different time periods. It is notable that the island has no day and night cycle due to its damaged timeways. Also that flying mounts can not be used on the island.
It has appeared this time in modern day Pandaria at an opportune time for heroes to hone their skills in preparation for the fight against Ordos <Fire-God of the Yaungol> and Garrosh Hellscream.
The Timeless Isle was where future Emperors tested their wits and skills against the four celestials in order to prove themselves; today it is open to many different factions including the Tillers, the Lorewalkers, the Alliance, theHorde, and even the Bronze Dragonflight are all fascinated with the new isle and puzzled at its very existence.
Previous:How To Get To Timeless Isle
Next:Timeless Isle Pets